Monday 15 April 2013

Another Extreme Sports Day

So Mu has discovered a new game, let me paint the scene for you...

Mam and Dad have a scatter-back-cushion sofa. (For those not familiar, and to those whom a cushion is a waste of time, I suggest you check out DFS or some other good furniture store for a definitive definition of what this is.) Mu's new game is to demand the 5 cushions that form the scatter-back to be taken off the sofa and thrown onto the floor. She then stands at the other side of the living room and, grinning, runs towards the cushions until they trip her up and she is flung air-ward and lands on them (the woman is fearless, she also attempts this at playgrounds, swimming pool changing rooms and whenever there is a cast iron fence nearby.) Anyway, she, Mam and Dad think this is hilarious, Dad has also been known to cast himself skyward dragging Mu with him. Nothing to write home about thus far you may think, and I will confess to having enjoyed the entertainment factor of this activity, in a way, rather like watching Britain's Got Talent - you don't want to watch, but you can't not look...however...

Cue the immortal words of Mam during tonights WWE Royal Rumble...

"Ooo, Mu, do you think Aslan would like a turn?"

When once I thought there was nothing worse than the regular Aqua Zorbing Class she insists I attend, this Wrestlemania had me crying out for the sting of water and Persil running into my eyes. You've never known fear until you've been dragged at great force by a toddler, who then hurls themselves into the air, with no evidence in their life so far that they have any sense of direction or any guarantee they'll still be holding your built-in hoops when they land.

It's also got me googling WWE Wrestlers as, should this become a regular, post-tea occurrence, I'm way out of my depth when it comes to a costume or a Wrestling Name...

In answer to your question, Mam "NO! Aslan would not like a turn...who would?"

No comments:

Post a Comment